October 27, 2022
“CHANGING THE WORLD: Making A Difference Using Grit, Intellect and Creativity”.
Two Bridge will be holding an event on Thursday, Oct 27 at 6:30pm. The panelists for this event are constantly striving to make a difference in the world in a variety of ways.
- Maurice Dubois, Emmy award winning news anchor and journalist, will be serving as moderator (https://www.cbsnews.com/newyork/personality/maurice-dubois/)
- Jim Kim has influenced millions throughout the world with his work at Partners In Health and the World Bank (https://bendingthearcfilm.com)
- Benj Pasek and Justin Paul have impacted a generation with their work in film and theater (https://pasekandpaul.com)
- Alec Miller has directly helped thousands of young people and their families with his work in stress management, adolescent depression, suicide and self-injury
November 14, 2022
Learn from the treatment developers how to effectively teach the adapted Dialectical Behavior Therapy Skills to a broad range of adolescents and families. Drs. Miller, Rathus & Linehan, have created an interactive and engaging course to help you learn and strengthen the clinical application of DBT skills to this population. You will gain an understanding of how to orient teens and families to DBT skills training, along with how to teach the 5 DBT Skills including Mindfulness, Distress Tolerance, Emotion Regulation, Interpersonal Effectiveness, and the teen-family-specific module, Walking the Middle Path.These master clinicians provide demonstrations and didactics on both the basics and the nuances of engaging and teaching DBT skills to teens and families in various formats, including multi-family skills groups, individual sessions, family skills sessions, parent sessions, and crisis coaching.Explore methods to integrate DBT Skills for teens and families into your practice and obtain feedback from the treatment developers by using our interactive online platform.
December 13, 2022
"DBT for Suicidal Adolescents: Reducing Suicide and Building Lives Worth Living"
Virtual | 11am-1pm CST (12-2pm EST)
1. Discuss the differences between proximal and distal risk factors for adolescent suicide.
2. Discuss 3 protective factors for adolescent suicide.
3. Discuss the potential impact of media, social media and social contagion on adolescent suicide risk.
March 16, 2023
Teaching the Skill of Validation (Helping Adolescents with Emotion Regulation)
Virtual | 8-9:30pm EST
April 16, 2023
"Increasing Access by Bringing Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT) to Schools"
- Learn the rationale for adapting DBT to school settings, as Tier 1-3 interventions
- Understand the biosocial theory of emotion dysregulation and hot DBT skills specifically help students and staff reduce dysregulation in the school
- Become familiar with the range of DBT mindfulness, emotion regulation, distress tolerance, and interpersonal effectiveness skills taught in classrooms, groups and school advisory meetings
- Identify common challenges to implementing DBT in schools